Singapore Thong Chai Medical Institution provides free medical services and medicines to everyone that walks in for medical consultation, regardless of race, religion or nationality.
We provide TCM internal medicine and acupuncture services. Apart from general consultations, the institution also provides treatments in six special disciplines namely Acupuncture for stroke and pain management, Metabolism, Oncology, Fertility, Kidney Disease, and Pediatrics.
The institution currently employs more than 50 over MOH-registered and qualified physicians to provide free TCM outpatient consultations for the public with the support of dispensary and administrative staff. More than 1300 patients benefit from the institution’s medical services daily.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS
- As mandated by the Ministry of Health, any patient seeking treatment at our institution must have one of the following identity documents for registration: NRIC, passport, work permit, student pass, birth certificate or patient card. Patients without any of the identity documents listed will not be registered for treatment.
- Registration is on a first come first served basis. To ensure fair chances for all walk-in patients, and to minimize disruptions to operations when number is called but patient is yet to be present, our institution requires patients to be present for registration. Strictly no registration on behalf is allowed.
- Patients should behave in an orderly manner, abide by our rules, and treat our staff with mutual respect. The institution reserves the right to refuse treatment to any patient who behaves unreasonably, refuses to cooperate with our staff and physicians or fails to abide by our rules. Serious cases may be referred to the police.
- Patients shall comply with physicians’ professional judgment. Patients are not allowed to instruct physicians on treatment approach, physicians’ have the right to reject treatment for such patients.
- To prevent unnecessary wastage of resources, patients are to finish the given number of days of medicine before they can return for a follow-up.
- Emergencies (such as trauma from accidents, fractures, etc.) or infectious diseases (HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis etc.) are not within our scope of treatment.
- The institution will not be held responsible if patient undergo self-treatment, or accept other forms of treatment concurrently, or if patient does not heed physician’s instructions.
- Our institution is a charitable organization. All staff of the institution are not allowed to accept any tips/ red packets from patients. But donors are welcome to make their contributions into the donation box for our institution’s medical funds.
- Patients may not peddle healthcare products, medicines or other items in our premises.
Special clinic patients who receive herbal medicine are allowed to visit once a week.
For most conditions, patients are only allowed to receive acupuncture treatment once a week. Acupuncture treatment may be allowed up to twice a week, subjected to the attending physicians’ judgement.